Dr. Haichao Chen, master's supervisor, specially-appointed professor of Qingdao University. Dr. Chen received his PH.D. in microelectronics and solid state electronics from Huazhong university of science and technology, and his current research interest focuses on energy storage devices including supercapacitors, lithium-ions battery, lithium-sulfur battery and sodium-ion battery. He first uses bimetallic sulfides and selenides as the electroactive materials for supercapacitors and harvest superior electrochemical performance than current electroactive materials. In addition, using the synergistic effect between graphene and PANI to improve the electrical conductivity of sulfur and suppress the dissolution and shuttle of polysulfide, superior electrochemical performance has been realized. To date, more than 20 papers has been published on J. Mater. Chem. A、Nanoscale、J. Power Sources、Chem.–Asian J.、Electrochim. Acta, and so on. Wherein, six of the papers have now or once chosen as SCI 1% high cited papers with one of them is chosen as the SCI 0.1% hot paper, and the total citations of all the paper have been more than 700 times.
Developing high performance energy storage devices including supercapacitors, lithium-ions battery, lithium-sulfur battery and sodium-ions battery.
1. H.C. Chen, J.J. Jiang, et al. Highly conductive NiCo2S4 urchin-like nanostructures for high-rate pseudocapacitors. Nanoscale, 2013, 5, 8879. (ESI 1% high cited paper)
2. H.C. Chen, J.J. Jiang, et al. Facilely synthesized porous NiCo2O4 flowerlike nanostructure for high-rate supercapacitors. J. power sources, 2014, 248, 28. (ESI 1% high cited paper)
3. H.C. Chen, J.J. Jiang, et al. In situ growth of NiCo2S4 nanotube arrays on Ni foam forsupercapacitors: Maximizing utilization efficiency at high mass loading to achieve ultrahigh areal pseudocapacitance. J. power sources, 2014, 254: 249. (ESI 0.1% hot paper, ESI 1% high cited papers)
4. H.C. Chen, J.J. Jiang, et al. One-pot Synthesis of Porous Nickel Cobalt Sulphides: Tuning the Composition for Superior Pseudocapacitance. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2015, 3, 428-437. (ESI 1% high cited paper)
5. H.C. Chen*, et al. Bimetallic nickel cobalt selenides: a new kind of electroactive material for high-power energy storage. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2015, 3, 23653. (2015 J. Mater. Chem. Hot Papers)
6. H.C. Chen*, et al. Hierarchical NiCo2S4 nanotube@NiCo2S4 nanosheet arrays on Ni foam for high-performance supercapacitors. Chem.-Asian J., 2016, 11, 248-255.
7. H.C. Chen*, et al. One-pot synthesis of hollow NiSe-CoSe nanoparticles with improved performance for hybrid supercapacitors. J. Power sources, 2016, 329, 314.
8. H.C. Chen, J.J. Jiang, et al. One-Pot Fabrication of Layeredα-Phase Nickel-Cobalt Hydroxides as Advanced Electrode Materials for Pseudocapacitors. ChemPlusChem, 2015, 80, 181-187.
9. H.C. Chen*, et al. Synergistic effect of Ni and Co ions on molybdates for superior electrochemical performance. Electrochim. Acta, 2016, 190: 57-63.
10. D. D. Xia, H.C. Chen(Co-first author), J.J. Jiang, et al. Facilely Synthesized α Phase Nickel-Cobalt Bimetallic Hydroxides: Tuning the Composition for High Pseudocapacitance. Electrochim. Acta, 2015, 156, 108-114.
11. L. Xu, H.C. Chen*, et al. Ni(OH)2/RGO nanosheets constituted 3D structure for high-performance supercapacitors. J. Sol-Gel Sci. Technol., 2016, 77: 463.
12. P. Wei, M. Q. Fan, H.C. Chen*, et al. High-capacity graphene/sulfur/polyaniline ternary composite cathodes with stable cycling performance. Electrochimica Acta, 2015, 174, 963-969.
13. P. Wei, M.Q. Fan, H.C. Chen*, et al. Ternary graphene/sulfur/SiO2 composite as stable cathode for high performance lithium/sulfur battery. Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 2016, 41: 1819-1827. (ESI 1% high cited paper)
14. P. Wei, M. Q. Fan, H.C. Chen*, et al. Enhanced cycle performance of hollow polyaniline sphere/sulfur composite in comparison with pure sulfur for lithium–sulfur batteries. Renewable Energy, 2016, 86, 148-153. (ESI 1% high cited paper)
15. S. Chen, H.C. Chen*, et al. Sea urchin-like Ni–Co sulfides with different Ni to Co ratios for superior electrochemical performance. J. Sol-Gel Sci. Technol., 2016, DOI: 10.1007/s10971-016-4082-4.