Qingdao University 'Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships'
I、ScholarshipCoverage and Standard:
1. Chinese Government Scholarships (Full Scholarship covers)
2. Scholarship Coverage: Application fee, tuition fee, accommodation fee, Basic material fee;
3. Medical insurance: CNY 800 per year
4. Stipend: Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
This program only supports general scholars and senior scholars for 2-4 years.
Language Instruction: Chinese
all majors except foreign languages majors.
IV、Category & Eligibility:
1. Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, in good health condition, both physically and mentally;
2. Applicant must be a holder of bachelor's or master's degree or their equivalent:
be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
be a master's degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
3. Chinese proficiency test: HSK results need to reach level 5 or above and be more than 180 points;
4. Applicant owns a non-Chinese citizenship and provides certification that you are currently enrolled in school;
V、Application &Placement Confirmation:
1. Application Documents:
All application documents should be true and will not be returned Once submitted.
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship(in Chinese or English);
2) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy);
3) Passport copy；
4) A Study Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or English); This should be a minimum of 500 words;
5) Graduation certificate, Degree certificate, Academic transcripts (in Chinese or English). Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
6) Two Recommendation Letters (in Chinese or English); Applicants for the senior fellowship programs must submit two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors;
7) HSK results need to reach level 5 or above.
2. Application Deadline: 4/20/2017.
3. Application Procedure:
1) Step 1 –Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for Instructions of CGS Information System and Agency Number;
Step 2 –Submit all your application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country before the deadline.
Qingdao university code: 11065
2) You should submit TWO sets of Application Documents:
* Mail by post: International Students Office, Qingdao University, 308 Ningxia Road, Qingdao，266071，China, Tel: (86) 532-85953863；
* Come to the International Students Office to submit directly.
3) China to UNESCO will notify UNESCO of the result. UNESCO will send an award letter to all successful applicants with the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)).
4) Submit all your application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country and complete registration before the deadline.
※Keep contactable, applicant will be self-responsibility for the failure of check and admission.
Please holding a X1 visa and registration on time according to the deadline of Qingdao University admission documents:
Qingdao University Admission Documents, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201), Foreigner Physical Examination Form, Passport and 8 passport photoes.( All information needs to be original)
Qingdao University 'Shandong Provincial Government Scholarship' for Prospective International Students Application Procedure
Shandong Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Students is set up by Shandong Provincial Government in order to encourage international students to come to Shandong for study and scientific research.
Shandong Provincial Government provides full coverage on tuition fee, on-campus accommodation fee and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
II、Category & Eligibility
1. Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 18 and 40, in good health condition;
2. Applicants should have a minimum study plan of one semester;
3. Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government, behave well and meet the entrance requirements of Shandong University;
4. Only applicants that have not received other sorts of fund or scholarship could apply for the scholarship.
1. Application form for international students of Qingdao University；
* Language Student see attachment 1
* Degree-seeking students see attachment 2
2. Application form for 'Shandong Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Students'(see attachment 3);
3. Copy of passport；
4. A copy of your visa (For students who have come to China);
5. Resume (See Attachment 4);
6. Personal Statement (Include: Personal study and work experience, future plan for study; Written in English or Chinese);
7. Certification that you are currently enrolled in school, or a diploma, or a work certificate if you are working;
8. A letter of recommendation from recommending institute．Recommending institutes include our friendly overseas colleges, Chinese embassies and consulates overseas, foreign embassies and consulates in China, overseas Chinese language teachers organization. Or Associate professor or professor from current school;
9. Relative Award Certificate.
IV、Application Documents Submission Mode
There are three ways to submit application materials. Please choose one of the following:
1. Email to: email@example.com;
2. Mail by post: International Students Office, Qingdao University, 308 Ningxia Road, Qingdao，266071，China, Tel: (86) 532-85953863;
3. Come to the International Students Office to submit directly;
Directions: This office is located in the lobby of MinXing Building on the West Campus of Qingdao University, 308 Ningxia Road (100 meters north of the International Academic Exchange Center).
Applicants should submit all the application documents before May 30 (For Fall Semester) or Nov.30 (For Spring Semester). Qingdao University will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid.
After confirming with the successful applicants, Admission Office will post 'Letter of Admission', 'Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China' (JW202 Form), copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to applicants. Please apply for an X1 or X2 visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country by using our materials. For further details on the visa approval process, please check with Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
Add：International Students Office, Qingdao University, 308 Ningxia Road, Qingdao 266071
Tel：(86) 532-85953863;85955132; Fax：(86)532-85955662
International Students Application for studying at Qingdao University website：
Qingdao University 'Principal's Scholarship' for Prospective International Students Interim Procedure
Qingdao University 'Principal's Scholarship' including freshman scholarship and excellent undergraduate scholarship.
I、Scholarship Coverage and Standard
1. Freshman Scholarship
excellent general scholars and senior scholars in the current year.
1) Senior Scholars Scholarship
The number of scholars is adjusted annually according to the situation of students. Standard of full scholarship: CNY 92.8 thousand per year.
①tuition fee(CNY 38 Yuan per year);
②on-campus accommodation fee (CNY 24 thousand year);
③comprehensive medical insurance expenses (CNY 800 per year);
④Stipend (CNY 30 thousand per year).
2) General Scholars Scholarship
5 full scholarships and 5 Single item scholarships (Shandong Provincial Government Scholarship) per year:
(1) Standard of full scholarship: CNY 58.8 thousand per year, including:
①tuition fee(CNY 38 thousand per year);
②on-campus accommodation fee (CNY 10 thousand per year);
③comprehensive medical insurance expenses (CNY 800 per year);
④Stipend (CNY 18 thousand per year);
(2) Single item scholarship: CNY 18.8 thousand per year, including:
①comprehensive medical insurance expenses (CNY 800 per year);
②Stipend (CNY 18 thousand per year);
2. Excellent Undergraduate Scholarship:
1) Excellent academic students and language learning students. CNY 70 thousand per year:
(1) academic students: major award CNY 5000 each per year; minor award CNY 3000 each per year; third prize CNY 1000 each per year.
(2) language learning students: major award CNY 1000 each per year; minor award CNY 500 each per year; third prize CNY 300 each per year.
2) Excellence youth scholarship:
20 thousand Yuan per year:
major award CNY 2000 each per year; minor award CNY 1000 each per year; third prize CNY 500 ach per year.
II、Category & Time
1. Category for freshman scholarship:
1) International students admitted to Qingdao university.
2) Give priority to students with excellent academic performance orHSK level above 5.
3) Students who behave well and have a certain economic difficulties are Funded. The winner need participate volunteer service with no less than 120 hours, admissions advice, academic counseling, activities organization and domestic services every year.
Application time: Mar 1 to May 30 every year.
2. Category for undergraduate scholarship:
1) Applicants should study in Qingdao university above one year;
2) Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and Qingdao University, behave well and respect the traditional Chinese culture.
3) Excellent academic scholarship applicants need great score and attendance rate of more than 90%;
Excellence youth scholarship applicants need behave well and excellent leadership, management and innovation.
Application Time: academic students should submit all the application documents before May 30; language learning students should submit all the application documents before Jan 1 or Jun 1.
III、Scholarship Application and Review
1. Qingdao University foreign students principals scholarship assessment work in the 'open, fair and just' principle. The quality of the winners should be ensured, rather lack of abuse. The amount and amount may be reduced appropriately according to the circumstances.
2. The foreign student scholarship review committee is responsible for the assessment of scholarships. The jury secretariat is located at the International Institute of Education. The Faculty (Department) establishes a foreign student scholarship review team, which is responsible for selecting and recommending candidates to the school.
Specific procedures: 1) The school will issue a notice of application on a regular basis; 2) The applicant submits the application and the supporting documents within the prescribed time according to the notification request; 3) Functional department need preliminary examination and material publicity; 4) The review committee reviews the recommended winners; 5) The results will be Announced after the school leadership approval.
IV、Scholarships and others
1. Students who have received a new scholarship will be exempted from the corresponding fees when they are required to register for registration at the time prescribed by the school. The scholarship will be automatically canceled if the winner fail to register on time with no reason.
2. The school annually prepare the amount of scholarship budget according to the national (provincial, municipal) scholarship policy, part of the project and the amount can be adjusted
Freshmen scholarship can offset tuition fees, accommodation and insurance and the living expenses paid monthly; undergraduate scholarship is paid to the winner one-time.
3. Freshmen scholarship recipients are required to participate in the annual review of the scholarship at Apr to May every year.
A assessment will be conduct according to the previous year's academic performance, attendance, learning attitude, rewards and punishments. Especially excellent freshman can apply undergraduate scholarship; The scholarship qualification will be cancelled if the students can not be graduated at the basic years of practice.
4. The scholarship qualification will be cancelled or terminated if the students is in violation of school discipline or is unable to continue his studies due to health reasons.
5. Schools encourage schools (ministries) to set up college (department) scholarships for foreign students according to the actual situation
6. The present Measures shall come into force as of the date of promulgation and shall be interpreted by the International Education Institute.
Office of the President of Qingdao University issued on June 29, 2017