Chinese Government Scholarships
· Scholarship Coverage and Standard
1) Coverage: Application fees, tuition fees, accommodation, etc.;
2) Medical insurance: CNY 800 per year; and
3) Stipend: Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; PhD students: 3,500 per month.
1) The scholarship is open to applicants who is a non-Chinese; citizenship, under good health conditions physically and mentally;
2) Applicants must be a holder of bachelor's or master's degree or their equivalent;
3) Applicants must be under the age of 45;
4) Applicants must pass the Chinese proficiency test, namely the HSK results need to reach Level 5 or above and be more than 180 points; and
5) Applicants must provide a certification showing you are currently enrolled in a school;[Z1]
· Application Documents
a) All application documents should be true and will not be returned upon submission;
b) Dully completed application form for the Chinese Government Scholarship either in Chinese or in English;
c) Copy of dully completed foreigner physical examination form;
d) Copy of Passport page with a photo and identifications；
e) Copy of Study Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or English) outlining research background, aims and objectives, methodologies and timelines no less than 500 words;
f) Graduation Certificate, Degree Certificate, Academic Transcripts (in Chinese or English). Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied with notarized Chinese or English translations;
g) Two Recommendation Letters (in Chinese or English); and
h) HSK results meeting the general Chinese proficiency requirements.
· Application Procedure
1) Enroll yourself and complete the online application via the CGS Information System (http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org) by clicking on “Application Online”, print out a hard copy of the online application for submission;
2) Submit all your application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country before the scholarship deadline.
Please note: You need to submit TWO copies of the application documents either by mailing to the International Students Office, Qingdao University, 308 Ningxia Road, Qingdao266071, China, Tel: (86) 532-85953863; or by visiting the International Students Office to hand to the office if you are physically in Qingdao.
3) China to UNESCO[Z2] will notify UNESCO of the result. UNESCO will send an offer letter to all successful applicants with the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)).
4) Following the guidelines as specified in the offer letter to prepare needed documents to and submit to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country. Complete student registration before the deadline.
If you have any problems or questions, please consult with the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country. The Qingdao University’s code is: 11065
You need to hold an X1 visa and enroll yourself before the deadline of Qingdao University admission. Documents needed are:
l Qingdao University Admission Documents
l Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)
l Foreigner Physical Examination Form
l Passport and 8 passport photos
l All the above information should be original